We like to regularly feature a health informatics job that readers might be interested in. Today we present the Information technology manager Recently posted post on Healthcare IT Central. This post was posted by Natividad and is in California.
Natividad is currently seeking to fill a permanent full-time CIO position within our Information Technology department. Under general direction, the incumbent plans and directs operational program activities within a division of the Department of Information Technology, which critically impacts county services and functions.
Important Job Duties:
• Manages and develops continuous improvements to the day-to-day operation and asset management of an information technology program; ensures that business operations comply with standards and procedures; and develops and implements program goals, objectives, priorities and procedures.
• Manages service delivery on technical assets, including service quality, reliability and availability, including periodic replacement and updating of technical equipment and devices.
• Interviews, selects, motivates and evaluates staff; provides technical and vocational training; and manages performance.
• Analyzes, recommends, and drafts procedures, standards, and policies consistent with Department of Information Technology plans and established County Information Technology policies, practices, objectives, regulations, and architecture. Evaluates information system support best practices and ensures that policies, standards and procedures are followed by staff.
• Develops, coordinates and monitors the assigned corporate operational program budget
• Manages several projects; plan, staff, prioritize and manage all phases of implementation of assigned projects; directs the design, development and implementation of new projects: establishes timelines for the implementation of new or improved equipment, systems, programs or projects; monitors and reviews work in progress, providing technical assistance and advice; manages and monitors the progress of contractors and suppliers; develops, manages, monitors and coordinates appropriate RFP processes; and facilitates contract payments.
• Manages the provision of technical support to users; determines and improves the level of customer satisfaction: plans, coordinates and advises both external and internal consulting and assistance activities for the division’s customers; and serves as a technical resource.
• Coordinates with other Information Technology programs, divisions and departments for the delivery of excellent customer service.
• Acts as an information technology representative to relevant external agencies and other public and private information technology groups.
• Prepares and presents written and oral reports, proposals and presentations.
Education: Completion of all courses leading to a bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, computer science, information systems, telecommunications, electronics, software engineering, communications engineering, electrical engineering, technology radio, data processing operations or a closely related field.
Experience: Five years of progressively responsible experience in the assigned program area, including one year of experience supervising staff or leading large, complex information technology projects in the designated field and three years at the advanced level.
In-depth knowledge of:
• Project management principles and practices, including needs assessment, project prioritization, cost-benefit analysis, system implementation, user acceptance testing, resource allocation, logistics, coordination and monitoring of contracts.
• Principles, practices and methods of complex functions specific to the program assignment.
• State and federal information rules, regulations, standards and guidelines, laws, ordinances and policies pertaining to the specific program assignment
• Industry trends, concepts and best practices for development, maintenance and improvement in assigned area
• Tax and asset management principles and practices, including project estimating, cost accounting and budget planning.
PRIORITY SELECTION DATE: Sunday, October 23, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. for a guaranteed exam. Applications received after this date will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
This sounds like a great opportunity for those who have experience managing healthcare information technology. If this sounds like a position that interests you, check out the all the details for the job and how to apply.